Saturday, April 11, 2009

Embedding Google Tours

You will hear more about Google Tours. This is a fast-breaking story. There is now a Google Gadget that will enable the embedding of Google Tours into your web browser. This means that you don't have to open Google Earth to play a tour; rather, you can play it in an embedded window in your browser (if you have the Google Earth player plug-in, of course). This promises to be a quick way to have access to touring content. But getting the Google Gadget to work is another matter. In this draft, I'll see if in HTML view, this Blog spot will accept the script. Yes, it did! But there is no sound. I think that is because the file I am serving does not contain the MP3 sound. I will leave this posting up, however. I suspect that the sound will slow down the flying a bit, so I'll update this link with sound separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment