Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Using Google Maps in this Blog

Google has done an excellent job in creating complementary applications. Google Maps is quite powerful and allows you to create your own maps of particular areas and then save points of interest to them.

I've created a map which I called Tower Hill but it includes a wide area around Tower Hill. On it I've placed certain points of interest including the location of Tiles 14 and 15 which are part of the Roamin' the Roman Wall in London geocache.

After saving the points of interest to the map, I was invited to create a link to this map. I created the link and copied and pasted it in the "Edit Html" area at the bottom of that page. See if it works for you.

If it does, then a lot of personalized "Points of Interest" (POI) can be quickly and easily shared.

Tiles 14 and 15 contain coordinates in both fully decimal and minutes and decimal degrees.

View Tower Hill in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment